Tuesday, August 12, 2008

35 weeks!

So, I am 35 weeks today. That means I have a little over a month until my due date. 5 weeks. 35 days. In a lot of ways I feel very much UNREADY. We actually only have a few things left that we actually "need"....since we have an upstairs/downstairs now I want to get a baby moniter. I need to find some things for my stay in the hospital--like comfy jammies. Other than that...her room is ready..we have her clothes and diapers and blankets. All we need now is the baby. The thought of her being here excites me and terrifies me at the same time. Its a whirlwind of emotions.
I know I am going to be very glad to be un-pregnant. I know a lot of women say they miss their bellies after the baby comes, but I doubt Im going to be one of those women. I really don't enjoy being pregnant, and it has been a struggle for me to stay positive and comfortable this entire time. I know Im just whiney, but Im not used to manuvering a stomach to sit down, or shave my legs. Painting my toe nails has now become impossible. Poor neglected toes.

For now, to pass time, Nathan and I have been watching the Olympics. They are entertaining enough.

2 comments:

~marie said...

ugh,yes i remember how bad it gets at the end. you'll make it! somehow, we all do. it will all be worth it when she gets here...

Kristy said...

your belly is growing bigger and bigger each week, simply beautiful!!!! Not to much longer and your little girl will be here and you will be able to see your toes again hehe. Im glad all is coming along well with the house :) I totally know what you mean about being ready to be unpregnant! although I LOVE being pregnant, I can't wait for it to be over so I have my baby girl in my arms.