
Am feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment.Had my 36 week appointment today...Ive gained 4 more lbs, which I think a lot of is water weight. I can't get my wedding band off and today after I took my flip flops off, you could see where the straps were imbedded into my feet. Swelling sucks!! I had sugar in my urine which my OB didn't like, so I have to go on a harsh sugar free diet for however long Im pregnant. She doubts I have any kind of gestational diabetes, but she thinks my kidneys might have a low threshold for sugar, so its spilling over. Or something like that. Theeeeen she checked me. Im already dilated to a 2, and she could feel the baby's head and said that Im already mostly effaced. YIKES. She said "Ill see you next week, unless the baby comes before then." Part of me thinks that she was just being a bit sarcastic....she said I could still go on to my due date, but I literally could have this baby anytime. I asked her what I needed to be doing to "prepare" for labor..she said "The only thing you need to be doing is getting your bag packed." Im feeling a bit overwhelmed. Is she making a bigger deal than this than it is??? She said I COULD walk around at a 2 for 2 weeks, or I could be slowly dilating every day and be at a 3-4 at my next appointment...I won't know for sure until next week.
In the mean time, I figure its better to be prepared, so Ill be making sure I have a bag packed and reayd JUST IN CASE. Knowing my luck, Ill walk around feeling like there is a bowling ball between my legs for the next 4 weeks, then go past my due date, etc.
Im so torn, part of me wants to just have this baby and be DONE being pregnant..but another part of me knows that it is still early, and she needs to keep "baking" to be healthy. So, until next week Ill just have to wonder if Im dilating more or staying the same!!

3 comments:
yeah, pack your bag,it can't hurt to be ready.
for me, i was in labor(it was a bit painful,yes) for a day and a half before they saw progress and let me in the hospital door. i actually went once and they sent me home! talk about disappointment! the first time around it can take a while to get things moving.
but we went back the next day and had little elliott so it was all good.
oooooooh i'm so excited for you!
it will be coming soon. don't worry you can be dialated and the baby won't fall out!! wish it was that easy!!
trust me that your body will know what it is doing and she is going to be here soon enough!! it is getting exciting now!!
you look wonderful! Pregnancy looks so beautiful on you! Get your bag packed and everything ready, then play the waiting game. It could very well be another few weeks but then it could be a few days..so you never know. Whatever the case, there isn't much longer until your little girl will be here! how exciting!
Post a Comment