
SLEEP! Thats what. Man, I miss sleep. Amelia has decided recently to not let me get more than 3-4 hours of sleep at a single stretch. Im not sure if she is getting a tooth in, if its a growth spurt, or just her being difficult...but I really have taken sleep for granted!! I feel bad for her because she seems hungry a lot at night. She normally falls asleep at night nursing (big no-no, I KNOW!) then she wakes up famished and needing to eat.

So, we are working on that. After a lot of going back and forth, I decided to let her try rice cereal...I was really wanting to wait until she was 6 months, but I was told it might make her more "full" therefore she would sleep longer at night. So, I tried it a few days ago. She seemed to hate it--I don't blame her, it is flavorless goop really. And it didn't help with the sleep issues either. So, we will keep trucking on.

Ive discovered that as a breastfeeding mother, I actually get JEALOUS of the rice cereal! Its so funny, I never imagined I would feel that way, but after 4 1/2 months of being the sole provider of food for my baby, I resent giving her the rice cereal. While I was feeding her with a spoon I thought....Mmmm hmm. I bet she likes my milk better. So funny the thoughts that go through a mothers mind!

Amelia is 19 weeks old today...I say this every update, but I really can't believe it! She is growing so much. She is outgrowing her clothes like crazy and she is developing new skills all the time. She is officially rolling over now, it took a few days of practicing, but she is so good at it now. She also laughs out loud all the time now. It is pretty much the cutest thing Ive ever seen. Most anyone can make her smile now, but her favorite person to smile at is Nathan, no doubt. All he has to do is walk into the room and her face just lights up. If anyone wants to see videos of her rolling over go to my youtube page:
http://www.youtube.com/user/aufachse405

Amelia got her shots last week, which was awful. Im not sure how anyone can give a baby shots--it must be the worst job ever. She did pretty good though, only cried a little. She was fussy and grumpy for about three days after the fact though, not sure if she has forgiven us yet or not.

She also spent some time with her cousins, Lochlan and Natalie. Natalie especially loves playing with Amelia and I thinks she secretly believes Amelia is her own living babydoll. I hope they can be close as they get older! It is so fun to see them all together.
3 comments:
she is so darn cute!!! I hope the sleep issues get better!
babies and sleep- such a mystery! no one knows the real answer. you just try everything until one day they finally out grown it.
jealous of cereal- i remember feeling something like that when elliott took a bottle of formula. with ethan i was soooo over it. did not care who fed him as long as i got to sleep- which didn't happen till he was two :)
Hey Evyn, I'm in the same boat! I have a little boy, Corbin, who is almost 8 months old and I think he wakes up more at night than Amelia. Babies are so spoiled....
Post a Comment